Unique Cotswold Cottages Limited (Known as "Unique Cotswold Cottages")
1. Who are we?
Unique Cotswold Cottages, and all websites and brochures operated and/or produced in relation to it, are owned and managed by:
UNIQUE COTSWOLD COTTAGES LIMITED
62 TWYFORD AVENUE
("we" or "us")
This is our Privacy Notice and it explains how we collect, use, share, secure and protect your personal data.
We are responsible for collecting, holding and managing any personal data you share with us.
We will keep your personal details safe and secure and use the personal information you provide lawfully and as explained in this Privacy Notice.
2. What information do we collect from you?
If you contact us to make a booking, or to make queries about a potential or ongoing booking, we will collect details that you give us in relation to that booking or query. This information may include your name, contact details, payment details, date of birth, information about people in your party, information about your booking and any other information we may need to help meet your specific needs.
3. How do we use your information?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
· to enable us to provide your booking (if you are booking a stay at one of our cottages);
· for analysis purposes when we evaluate our services;
· to personalise repeat visits to our websites or inform you about an uncompleted booking;
· to tell you about other products and services that we think may be of interest to you (see below);
· to manage customer service queries; and
· to help us to provide details or information you may have asked for.
4. On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
To Perform a Contract/Provide a Service
If you make a booking through us, we will use the details that you give us to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, information about people in your party, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
.If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide a booking service.
We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst ensuring that your privacy is respected.
We may use your name and contact details to tell you about our own products and services which we think may be of interest to you. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
We may share your email address with our technology/advertising providers, including Google, Facebook and others (acting as data processors), for them to use on our behalf in connection with the creation of marketing and promotion for us.
They may use this to serve targeted advertising/content to you via their platforms. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant platform.
We may also share your contact details with our third party review administrator(s) who may contact you to ask for your comments on the accommodation and/or services that have been provided.
This is done in our legitimate interest of understanding our customers, marketing and advertising our services to them, and helping us to provide them with excellent levels of service.
We may ask for your consent to share your name and contact details with selected third party companies, so that they can tell you about their products and services.
If you agree, we may also pass on your information, in certain cases, for the purposes of conducting a credit check.
You can contact us to withdraw your consent at any time.
We may also use and disclose your personal data for compliance purposes, to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation by a law enforcement or taxation agency or for the purposes of preventing crime.
5. Who will you share my information with?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer and/or in our legitimate interests, we may share your information with:
· other related companies and their service providers such as investor companies
· credit/debit card companies; and
· suppliers of cleaning, gardening, maintenance and other services
We may also use and disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
How do you manage my information?
We may from time to time appoint other members of our group of companies or third party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. Some of these systems may be located in countries overseas, for operational reasons.
We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that this is lawful and that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
7. Updating your details?
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please send an email to marketing@uniquecotswoldcottages or contact us at Unique Cotswold Cottages, 62 Twyford Avenue, London, N2 9NL
Alternatively you can call us on: 07956 847807
8. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
If you have any questions in relation to our retention periods please contact us at the above address.
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:
· to confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
· to send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
· to correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
· to delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
· to stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
· to let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
· to stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interest; and
· to stop sending you marketing material. Please note, however, that we may continue to send you service related communications (i.e. non-marketing), such as emails relating to your booking or to your holiday accommodation.
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically, then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
We do not use your personal data for the purpose of profiling.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so, then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please write to us at the address given below:
Data Protection Manager
Unique Cotswold Cottages
62 Twyford Avenue
Or by email to email@example.com
10. Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website, so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
11. When do you monitor telephone calls?
We may, from time to time, record telephone calls you have with members of our staff for training purposes and to improve the quality of our service.
12. How do we update this privacy notice?
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our website.
13. Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
You can contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.
Please write to us at the registered address provided above.
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint, you also have the right to raise concerns with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk.